The importance given by both the scientific community and industry to decision support systems (DSS) is increasingly high, as evidenced by the number of theoretical works and market tools. Indeed, Decision-making systems enable the company to make decisions at different hierarchical levels by analyzing
the current and past to predict the future.
In terms of research, the scientific events of decision making systems are dedicated to consolidate the efforts of researchers on the one hand, and on the other hand, meeting the aspirations of professionals.
The Conference on Advances in Decisional Systems (ASD) follows this perspective. Seven years already since the first edition of ASD which started as a workshop, the success of last six editions encourage us to further continue with the same enthusiasm and ambitions by launching the call for a seventh edition of ASD as a conference.
This seventh edition allows researchers who have already participated in previous editions of being in the same context by exhibiting their latest scientific work. The conference is also aimed at professionals involved or interested in the decision-making, by their pragmatic vision, contributing the expression of new requirements or enhancing the existing solutions. The conference is also an opportunity for doctoral students to present and publicize their work.
The program committee of ASD’13 calls for papers presenting research findings and sharing experiences on new research challenges in these main topics:
- Data Warehouse architecture
- Data Warehouse design
- Multidimensional Modeling
- Data integration. Extract, transform and Load (ETL) tools
- Multidimensional query languages
- Physical organization of Data Warehouses
- Performance Optimization and tuning, indexing, cash optimization de caches, etc.
- Data Warehouse Maintenance and administration
- Data mining
- Semantic and decisional ontology
- Data Warehouse and Semantic Web
- Benchmarking in Data Warehouses
- Quality, security and coherence in Data Warehouses
- Complex, Active, distributed, parallel virtual and XML Data Warehouses
- Decisional systems in the cloud
- Social networks analyses
- Personalization and query recommendation for decisional system